Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The usual English excuses

"The Tottenham goalkeeper said: 'The conditions have made it hard for us. I think we are finding the pitches particularly difficult.It's slowing our passing game down. We are finding it hard to get a rhythm. I think we are finding the pitches particularly difficult because they are not putting water on them"
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=372669&cc=3436
Where do I start on this one? - am still rolling on the floor laughing.
So, folks, now you know why England have not set the stadiums alight yet in Germany. I say, Portugal, please pour water...on English hopes!

3 comments:

Murali Venkatraman said...

raj from hydeshaw ? Is that you ?

Ginkgo said...

:-)
so the pitch is as imp in futbol too:-D

raj said...

murali, yes, well met by the petromax light. You guessed right. I am not sure you will see this though...